Fire Safety Audit is a structured tool to deeply see through the efficiency, effectiveness & reliability on Fire Safety Management System and its associated arrangements of a facility. A well – structured auditing program identifies various organizational risks, helps to reinforce & reduce by complying with applicable standards & regulations, and also provides the structured recommendation on continual improvement.
Fire safety audit is applicable in industries like Oil & Gas, Food, Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Chemical, Construction, Electrical & Electronics, Automotive, Textile, also in Shops & Establishments like Luxury malls, Commercial & Residential Building, Multiplexes, Hospitals, Education Institutes, and warehouses and many others.
Sigma HSE provides subject matter expertise with education, knowledge and experience in the field of fire safety within the relevant industry sector which are utilized to conduct these audits. We provide recommendations to address deviation from existing statutory requirement, SOP deviation from the practices prescribed by national / international standards applicable to clients’ operation and lastly recommendation as per the good engineering practice in similar industry. Each of our fire safety audit is customized as per our client requirements with the following structured approach.
· Hazard Identification – Identifying and evaluation potential fire hazard and risk in the facility.
· Review of availability and adequacy of existing fire prevention and fire detection system.
· Fire-fighting system assessment – evaluating facilities such as sprinklers, extinguishers, etc. including review of hydrant locations, conditions of the valve and its components; review of the condition & operating sequence of fire pumps, the automatic operation of main & jockey pumps, etc.
· Review of existing fire load calculations
· Review of Fire Alarm and PA system.
· Review Active and Passive Fire Protection system.
· Review of emergency preparedness based on a fire safety mock drill.
· Country-specific legal requirements along with thorough review against national & international codes and standards of fire and life safety.
Review of company’s practices against the Good Industry Practices (GIP).